Creativity is one of the things that add uniqueness to your brand. It is important to be creative about your visual brand identities including business cards. Although the paperless office is gradually taking over, the use of business cards is still very significant. You are missing a key marketing opportunity if you don’t have a business card you can hand out to prospective clients or actual clients.
However, having a business card is not all about getting a small piece of paper with some inscriptions on it. Creativity, good layout, inclusion or necessary information, as well as the overall uniqueness of the card, are quite important for effective results. Poorly designed cards can be very detrimental to your business. Here are some important tips that can help you make a creative business card.
- Do Not Overlook The Basics Of Design: you should not overlook the basic principles of paper design in a bid to get a complicated design. You should always keep in mind some basics like the distance of the key copy from the edge of the card, legibility, consistent fonts, and size.
- Choose Your Size: You don’t have to follow the conventional business card size. You can create a little bit of uniqueness by varying the size of your card. You should however make sure that the card size is not too far from the standard. It should neither be too big nor too small.
- Use Special Finishes: You can create an instant impression for your card by adding special finishes. These special finishes can include metallic inks, spot-UV, and foil blocking. These finishes offer your card the opportunity to be tactile, memorable, and visually impressive.
- Use Unique Shapes: Don’t be parochial about the fact that your business card must take the conventional rectangular shape. You can add some curve edges to your card. Likewise, you can let your card take a shape that is significant to your business. For instance, the card can take the shape of a car if you deal in automobiles.
- Try out Unique Materials: other than the conventional card stock used for many business cards, you can try out other materials such as slates, transparent plastics, wood, and even metals. However, the card should still maintain its portability, easy carriage, as well as good outlook.
- Make Your Own Design: You can’t be creative or unique in your business card if you keep imitating other people’s designs. You can look out for templates from various online resources, but avoid copy lifting other people’s design if you want your business card designs to stand out.
The use of a business card allows you to harness a vital opportunity in business marketing. The creativity you put into the card designs is also very vital in delivering its purpose. Although it can be a little bit tasking, using a creatively designed card yields results that are way better than the poorly designed ones.