One of the best ways to connect your business with new prospects on a personal level is by having a good business card with appropriate contents. A good business card is not just a tool for giving out your information, it is an opportunity to instantly connect your business to the minds of people, and leave a good lasting impression.
Important contents of a business card
A good business card should contain appropriate contents that convey the right information and serve as a good extension of your brand that speaks well of you and your business even in your absence. The contents of a business card can determine if it is going to be a scrap piece of paper or something of great value. Below are some important contents of a business card that can help you convey the right information and sell your business to the desired prospects.
- Logo: A business logo is one of the major identification of any business. It is one of the major brand identities that qualify your business card to serve as an extension of your business. A business logo is one of the most important contents of a business card because it makes it easy to instantly associate the little piece of card with your business. This alone can raise its value from an ordinary piece to a valuable card.
- Name and Active Job Description: The name on your card is like you introducing yourself to people without you saying a word, or without being physically present. The job description tells the prospect more about you and exactly what you and your business stand for. It is advisable to use the name you would like to be addressed with, and your exact job description to avoid leaving a wrong impression, or a need for reintroduction later.
- Contact Information: The contact information on your business card is like a lump of meat on a meal. One of the major aims of a good business card is to connect with your prospects, but this will automatically break if you leave them with no way of staying in touch. If you want people to contact you, you have to tell them how, by including your contact details on your business card. You can include your mail address, office address and mobile line.
- Website and Social Media Profiles: The major reason for including your website and social media profile is not just to show people that you have one, it is to provide an opportunity for prospects that are interested in your business to learn more about you and your business before contacting you. The type of content of your website and social media can build their trust and tell them all they need to know.
- White Space: Yes, you read it right. No one would seem interested in surfing through an overstuffed business card. White space doesn’t mean it has to be colour white, it simply means leaving space on your card for a neat layout. It allows the card to have all necessary information without cluttering the content.
Having a business card is not enough; having a good one with appropriate content that connects you to your prospect is also of paramount importance. The contents and layout of your business card are what differentiate it from a random piece of paper.