A business card is one of the visual elements that complete the branding of your business.it is a small card that gives details about you and your business. It carries information such as your name, occupation, contact information, business information, and so on. Your business card is what represents you, and remind your customers and potential customers about what your business stands for even in your absence. Your business card can travel far and wide pitching your business.
However, having a business card is one thing, and having a business card with the right design and important information is another thing. Your business card must have the right design and necessary content for it to fulfil its essence of advertising, brand recognition, call-to-action and bridging contacts.
Here are 8 ultimate steps that can guide you on making a perfect design for your business cards. But before you start, make sure you have a finished brand logo and bear in mind your brand colour scheme. This two can influence other layouts like layout and identity.
- Choose Your Shape: You don’t need to follow the normal trend of rectangular shape business card. You can choose your unique shape. You can make use of shapes that reflect your business.
- Choose Your Size: Size is also an important component of a business card. Although this can be dependent on the standard where you are located, you can also make slight variations to make your business card and stand out.
- Include Your Logo and Other Desired Graphics: As I said earlier, make sure you have a finished logo before you start designing your business. Your logo should take the centre stage on your business card because it is also one of the most important components of your visual identity. Add other graphic design in a way that the card won’t appear clumsy.
- Add Other Important Contents: Some necessary texts must be included in your business card design to pass the desired message. Some important texts that must be included on your business card are your name, company name, job title, information, email address, and slogan (if any).
- Choose Your Topography: Topography here simply means the general outlook of your card. The elements include font type, font size, and colour. It is important to let the colour reflect your brand colour scheme. You should also consider colour contrast and legibility of text.
- Add Some Special Finishing: These finishing include embossing, foil stamping, letter pressing, and spot UV coating. This finishing will perfect the general look of your card and make it attractive.
- Finalize Your Design: After you have taken all the steps above, make sure you sit back and reevaluate your design to be sure everything gel well. Examine the visual flow, legibility of text, colour contrast, the arrangement of elements and ensure they are all perfect.
It is best to give your business card the best design possible. This will help you create a perfect visual identity for your business. However, you can save yourself a lot of stress and cost, and still get the best design possible.
We provide you with services that can help you create your business card design with ease. We have a wide range of top quality, original, and eye-catching business cards available for free download online. Also, you can design your custom cards by yourself using our templates. Our services are relatively cost-friendly and easy to access.